Tuesday, April 26, 2011

God made everyday: Good and Bad

Well its been an interesting few days since I've posted anything. I had a wonderful weekend with my family and to quote my father, "friends who are like family" Saturday marked a relaxing day of flea market shopping with mom and clothes shopping by myself. Then a wonderful relaxin evening grilling with Daniel. Sunday was Easter and as tradition stands we spent it with the Ralstons. Every year our gathering grows which is such a blessing from God. This year included two new babies "cooking" in their mom's bellies and a wonderful new man in my life. Wrapped Sunday up with celebrating Stacy's bday with coworkers.

I say all this to show how God has blessed my life. I can be anything but thankful for the people He has placed in my life. Stop and look around at the families you have. We all have "drama" and issues but we love them and we should cherish these memories. 

Ok so now I guess I get to what I really want to say here. I have been sick the past two days and while trying to work have realised my attitude has not been one of thankfulness. I have been caring for the type of patient that really frustrates me (self induced ETOH related illness) but does that give me any reason to be less thankful. I left work early today sick and was reading through m Bible and decided to stop in Ecclesiastes. I came across this verse in chapter 7:

           14 In the day of prosperity be joyful, and in the day of adversity consider: God has made the one as well as the other,so that man may not find out anything that will be after him.


I have always loved Ecclesiastes and Proverbs for their straight forward wisdom. You know, God made every day. We are never promised "sunshine and bunny rabbits" everyday of life. However should that change our attitude and gratitude. Today I was blessed in many ways by wonderful people in my life. However, I was grumpy b/c I felt bad and had a "ridiculous" patient. It shouldn't have been that way. I seem to remember a verse or two in the Bible saying, "Rejoice always"

No comments:

Post a Comment