Monday, April 18, 2011

Balance

Well, this is a subject I am trying to figure out and probably will be forever. How do you balance everything in your life? There is work, family, friends, significant others, church activties, daily chores and so much more.

I struggle with two things regarding this. One I have a hard saying "no" when someone asks me to do something. Two knowing when I need to stand up for myself and give myself a break.

By nature I want to take care of things and make things easier for those I love. All these are good things I believe but when we wear ourselves so thin it cauese strain on our bodies and our relationship. All this said I havent even touch on our spiritual life. I dont know about you but for me when things are going good, my personal God times gets come back.

We live in a world that says dont stop, try harder, go futher, and never slow down. God says, "Be still and know that I am God." countless times Jesus withedrew to pray. There are many other examples of the benefits of alone time with God. It renews us. Dont be afraid to tell your friends and famiy that you need time.

There is definitely more to say on this subjext but I am falling asleep while typing, would love to hear thoghts on balance and person reflextion time with God.

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a struggle I deal with daily!! Love and miss you!

    ReplyDelete