Friday, May 6, 2011

A wise out saying explored

ok how many of you have heard this (or perhaps said it to someone).....
"if you dont like something change it. If you cant change it, change the way you feel about it."
There are variations of it of course and all and all I like the saying. it goes right along with what Paul says in Phillipians "do all things with about complaining"  and even can go with other verses about "rejoice always."
As i said all in all i like the statement. its true that we are in control of our day to day happiness and sometimes you just have to force yourself to look at the class as half full when all you can see is the air in the top half.
Herels   my question.....how do you know what things you can change and what things you should just accept. Ive been struggling with that concept. At what point is saying "I am who I am" settling for less than we could be and when is it a decleration of being content with how God made us.
I dont have an answer. If you do, great Id love to hear it. The one challenage I do pose is that you should fully consider a situation and pray about it before you decide to either be miserable trying to change it or accept it and learn to love it.


*disclaimer this was typed on my phone and the moblie view is poor.*

No comments:

Post a Comment